There is a virtual world “Metaverse” getting more popular lately. Metaverse is a hypothetical iteration of the Internet that supports virtual and augmented reality devices and 3D environments. There are also many cryptocurrencies created to be used in many metaverse projects. Combining cryptocurrencies, NFTs, and video games, this concept allows people to act as they wish in the universe they have created.
What is Metaverse?
Metaverse is a platform that allows you to design a multiverse using virtual reality. Also, in these universes, you can do all kinds of activities you can think of, such as acting, playing games, artistic activities, education, meeting.
This word, pronounced in a novel in the early 90s, has been in demand recently. With NFT projects, investors buy Metaverse lands. Metaverse has entered the working areas of important companies. In addition, if there is a situation we should mention, Metaverse is just at the beginning of the road.
NFT, Cryptocurrencies and Metaverse
The Metaverse universe is a decentralized and ownerless platform. It is free to join and use this platform. However, you need cryptocurrencies to buy the equipment you want to use within the platform. The crypto money you will have with NFTs can be used to improve your equipment or buy new equipment. You will also need materials to build anything, which you can obtain from stores in the Metaverse. You will need cryptocurrencies for these purchases.
Most Popular Metaverse Cryptocurrencies
1. Enjin (ENJ): Released in 2009, ENJ quickly became popular. It works on the ERC20 base. Non-tradable NFTs are used to exchange hands through barter. It is currently the most preferred Metaverse cryptocurrency for pricing NFTs and solving difficult problems.
2. Decentraland (MANA): Decentraland can be called the precursor to the Metaverse. It is a blockchain-based virtual platform cryptocurrency where people can build various structures on their land, participate in online games, customize their avatars, chat, and many more. It has the most value in the cryptocurrency market among the Metaverse projects that have been open to the public since February 2020.
3. Sandbox (SAND): Sandbox is a Metaverse world preferred by adventure seekers. You can buy land, build it, and fight monsters in the game. You can do these tasks alone or as a group. At the same time, you do not need to know any programming language to do these operations, which makes Sandbox more attractive to investors.
4. Theta Network (THETA): Theta Network is the next-generation video and entertainment blockchain-based platform. It offers decentralized technical and economic solutions for the world’s leading digital video companies. The platform occupies the position of the most important video streamer in the metaverse universe.
5. Axie Infinity (AXS): Announced in 2018, Axie Infinity is a platform that has its collections, all of which you can purchase in-game. It is the most preferred game in the field of Metaverse projects. Players can also generate cryptocurrencies if they own land or dungeons. The team behind the project is very committed and has built a completely private blockchain.
The most popular Metaverse projects, Enjin (ENJ) and Decentraland (MANA) are listed on NitroEx Exchange with USDT/BTC/ETH trading pairs.